Thursday, October 17, 2013

This is Bryce Canyon

A few days ago I had the chance to check out Bryce Canyon, Utah.  Of course I packed my gear to shoot time-lapses.  I didn't do loads of research prior to going there, only making sure the park was open due to the gov. shutdown and I researched the weather.  Once I arrived it was in the 40's but once the sun dropped below the horizon the temps went down to 20 degrees.  I shot a few timelapses before the sun fell and when I set up for my night shots I noticed my intervolometer broke.  Well the screen was the only real thing that broke so that required me to sit on the cold ground and manually snap the photos and I had to continue to do so the next morning.  I'm not one to really complain but god damn it was cold, I couldn't feel my legs.  I planned on my remote to handle all of the timelapse business for me while I was reading in my rental car.

Here are some random stills.  I'll be doing a mini timeapse montage in a few weeks.

Sunrise
Utah-Randoms-edited-14mini

Utah-Randoms-edited-10mini

Utah-Randoms-edited-6mini

Self Portrait time
Utah-Randoms-edited-8mini

With a 70% moon, you get a day time look.  Lots of people typically think this is a day shot but you can see some stars.

Utah-Randoms-edited-5mini

Utah-Randoms-edited-4mini

Utah-Randoms-edited-3mini

Sunset

Utah-Randoms-edited-2mini

Utah-Randoms-edited-1mini




No comments:

Post a Comment