Monday, March 18, 2013

Timelapse MANIA

In order to complete a timelapse project you need to shoot a lot of timelapses (if that's a word).  I should shoot a timelapse of me waiting for my camera to finish shooting each timelapse.  I went to Cape Hatteras this past weekend for 2 reasons.  To shoot surfing and timelapse stuff.  Waves were topping off around 18' 2 weeks ago but this past weekend it was pretty flat so I shot all timelapse stuff and a few odds and ends to pass the time.  I rented the Canon 14mm 2.8L Prime lens and I must say, it's the sharpest wide I've pulled photos off the camera and seen.  It's almost like photoshop isn't needed with this lens.

Image 100 of 320.  The clouds formed pretty shitty after about 2 hours in and it kind of ruined the shot.  
HatterasLH TM1-edited-56mini

The light at the bottom is the light from the light house that's about a mile away.  
HatterasnightTM-edited-46mini

Sunrise timelapse on the point of Buxton, NC.  
HatterasTM4-edited-323mini

Another Sunrise with these old columns.  The shitty thing is my camera was set up so close to the water and the winds were at 40mph, salt was flying all over the lens so you can see it a little in the timelapse but I'm confident that I can edit it in post.  we'll see.
HatterasTM7-edited-151mini

Sunset on the sound with 40+MPH winds.  I'm amazed the wind didn't shake the camera.  
HatterasTM5-edited-150mini

No comments:

Post a Comment