Saturday, March 2, 2013

Back Country Essentials

You never know what you'll experience miles away from a lift so packing light but smart is the most important thing.  My daily pack while in Zermatt, Switzerland consisted of camera, lenses, batteries, Cliff Bars and walkie-talkie.  I usually took water from Jeff's supply. Others had avalanche shovels and random tools.

It seems the closer you go to the Matterhorn, the colder and windier it was.  Any exposed skin you were  hating life.
zermatt random-1mni

Justin and I about to drop into one of the most avalanched lines in Zermatt. Said some guy that hopped in a gondola with me the day before.  I think he worked for AIR Zermatt.  He sounded like he knew his shit and he had an AIR Zermatt jacket on.
zermatt random-2mini


No comments:

Post a Comment