Friday, November 4, 2011

3 New Cameras and some lenses-Stop Traffic

November 3rd was supposed to be a BIG day for camera releases.  Canon set the date but RED took it over.  Canon announced the C300 will looks very similar to Panasonic AF100 only the price tag is $20,000.  Maybe people would pay that price if it shot 120fps but from what I see, it's 24 frames at 4k resolution.  NO ONE CARES!!!  I'm my opinion it's worth $10,000 at best.

 

Let's get to the exciting stuff.  Canon announced a concept DSLR camera that will be mostly a cinema.  As you can see, the body looks just like the 1DX that just got announced for a spring time release.  They didn't really talk specs or price but seems very interesting.  I'm hoping it will have at least 90fps at 1080p.  The spec I did see says it will shoot 4k resolution at 24fps which is cool but I don't give 2 shits about 4k as of right now.  ALL I really care about is FRAME RATE, FRAME RATE, FRAME RATE!!!  I really need to see the video and photo specs before I make a decision on a purchase.


Lastly, RED has pumped out the long awaited SCARLET.  The body will be $10,000 and when all pimped out with all the needed accessories, you'll be in the neighborhood of $15,000.  That's a lot of money but the SCARLET is made by RED and is the little sister to the EPIC.  You know it will be GREAT quality and worth the money.  I read lots of big boy film makers blogs and FB posts today and they've already made purchases.  I won't get too much into details on this camera because RED doesn't need to be hyped up more.  They are leading the video war in my opinion and Canon is eager to step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment