Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The District

Here is THE DISTRICT.
"The District" is a Washington D.C. based timelapse project I decided to take on since I've lived in the area my entire life and I think it has beauty and architecture that needs to be seen.

While shooting "The District" of course I ran into a few issues.  Weather is typically the most important aspect of any timelapse project but parking and tourists were the biggest speed bumps while filming from April-August.  Most major cities have high rise / skyscrapers but D.C. is very limited to the height of  buildings which makes you think more and get more creative with your shots.  You do have to map every little shot so you can execute it properly.  Most shots in "The District" were shot 2-4 separate times due to weather or bad research on my end.

A lot of people message me about permits or Park / Federal police that may have issues with me shooting.  When you have a lot of motion controlled gear set up next to monuments / parks you have to expect some attention.  I never really had any of those things.  I've run into some situations in the past but nothing major like getting arrested or ticketed.

No comments:

Post a Comment