Sunday, April 21, 2013

Official Announcement- "Mid Atlantic in Motion"

If you're a frequent viewer of my blog you've seen images from my timelapses I've been shooting for the past 9 months.  4 years ago I saw some work by Tom Lowe who did "Timescapses" and ever since, I've wanted to do my own timelapse project.  For those who aren't sure exactly what a timelapse is, it's basically a large amount of photos being shot over a certain period of time.  Once all the photos are shot you bring them onto your computer and edit them.  You can get 24 or 30 photos per second which is the standard frame rates for video.  Since last September I've been going to various places all over the Mid Atlantic, from Baltimore down to Cape Hatteras and over to mid West Virginia.  I've been shooting anything from the sun rising to the Milky Way and cities from 40 floors up.  All of these will finally come together in late June.  The video / film will be called "Mid Atlantic in Motion".  

With about 60% of my project filmed, I will be heading to West VA for a 5 day camping mission to capture the stars and other amazing things that I've scouted out.  The first weekend of June I'll head back down to Cape Hatteras and that should be the final trip of this project.  

December12 Randoms-edited-1-2mini

Greenbank-Timelapse2edited-78

Phono pics

Phono pics

Phono pics




No comments:

Post a Comment