Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting out the dead season

When there's no snow to go riding and all plant life dies off until April I'm in serious planning mode for the spring time West Virginia shoots.
When I shot some timelapses of the Green Bank Radio telescope I didn't have the best luck with weather.  It snowed and was super cold.  It cleared up for about 3 hours allowing me to get a nice time-lapse but I want to get closer, showing the size of this 500 foot beast.  In order for me to get closer, the scientists at GreenBank need to test the radio waves my equipment gives off so it doesn't interfere with their radio signals to ET.

Greenbank Randoms1-edited-1mini

You can drive in West VA and see hundreds of barns that look like this.
Greenbank Randoms1-edited-3mini

At the Green Bank Telescope there is an emergency landing strip.  Maybe it's for ET.  Who knows.  I do know when carrying my gear from my camping spot to the jeep I went over the biggest cracks with my bike.
Greenbank Randoms1-edited-2mini

No comments:

Post a Comment